E-260 represents a major overhaul of the E-250, reflecting latest design technology and featuring the same advanced AAVA volume control as the higher-ranked models E-560, E-460, and E-360. AAVA is a revolutionary principle that redefines the concept of volume control from the ground up, operating purely in the analog domain for high performance and ultimate sound. In the output stage, high-power audio grade transistors are arranged in a parallel push-pull configuration which significantly enhances the capability to safely drive low-impedance loads. Output operation is sustained by the power supply with a massive power transformer and large filtering capacitors. This provides high-quality power output of 115 watts x 2 into 4 ohms or 90 watts x 2 into 8 ohms, along with a damping factor of 200, thanks to the redesigned circuitry.
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control
- Output stage with high-power transistors in parallel push-pull arrangement delivers high quality power: 90 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- Instrumentation amplifier principle for power amplifier input stage allows fully balanced signal transmission
- Logic-control relays for shortest signal paths
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency transformer and large filtering capacitors
- EXT PRE button allows separate use of preamplifier and power amplifier sections
- Numeric indication of volume level