DV-20X has a solid aluminum-alloy body similar to the XX-2. This makes a rigid platform for the cartridge motor and aids secure fitting to the arm. The cantilever is a 6mm length hard aluminum pipe cantilever with a perfect elliptical nude diamond stylus.
The magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism along with powerful Neodymium magnet gives out the 20XH a healthy 2.8 mV output at a suitable impedance for most MM inputs. The 20XL has an output of 0.3 mV ideal for most MC phono stage.
Both versions have been made available to help users get the best result for their own circumstances. The high output model suits valve pre-amps, basic amplifiers that only offer MM or amplifiers with less accomplished MC sections. Using a high output can also be of benefit if you live in an area with high radio frequency interference. The low output version scores where a system is set up with a good quality MC amp input.
A compliance of 12 cu and weight of 8.6 g mean the 20X's will suit a wide variety of popular arms such as : Linn, N aim, SME, Well Tempered etc. Standard counterweights should be fine but a few manufacturers offer options. The recommended load resistance for 20XH is over 1K ohms it means typical 47K ohms for MM inputs is suitable. The recommended load resistance for 20XL is over 30 ohms.
- Type: High/Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism
- Output Voltage: 2.8mV / 0.3mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation: 25 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz (? 2dB)
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyn
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2grams
- DC resistance: 150 ohms / 5 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: > 1K ohms / > 30 ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length, hard aluminum pipe
- Stylus: Perfect elliptical
- Weight: 8.6 grams