At a glance, the XV-1 is different from all cartridges that have gone before. Its magnetic circuit comprises 8 small ALNICO magnets. The magnetic path is divided into two - In the magnetic gap, a specially designed magnetic flux equalizing piece is placed. On the front yokes, magnetic stabilizing coils are wound. By this special combination, the magnetic field becomes widely homogeneous and more linear than the conventional magnetic design that is common in existing MC cartridges. Currently the design trend of MC cartridges is to employ stronger and harder magnets. The XV-1 takes the opposite approach. This is the theoretical conclusion of Dynavector.
The result? - deeper and more accurate bass, brighter but much smoother treble and better L/R separation. Very low distortion, especially of 3rd harmonics, results in a life-like musicality and ease of reproduction impossible using normal MCs. After hearing the music produced by the XV-1 even 'high-end' CD players sound thin, lacking any real deep bass. This cartridge handles the smooth string note and heavy dynamics of big orchestral works like Prokofiev, Schostakovich, Mahler etc. with unique ease, to bring the full glory of analogue recordings to the listener who wants the very best possible sound from their stock of LP records.
PHA-100 derives the high potential ability and performance of DRT XV-1
- Type: Low output moving coil cartridge with Multi alnico magnets and Flux damper
- Output Voltage: 0.3mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation: 30 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
- Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyn
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2 grams
- Impedance: R=6 ohms, L=18 micro Henry
- Recommended load impedance: 30 ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length 0.3 mm dia. solid boron
- Stylus: 0.14 x 0.08 mm Line contact PF
- Weight: 12.6 grams