The MQ-88u is based upon the MQ-60 stereo power amplifier, still sought-after to date. It utilizes KT-88 power tubes by Slovakia JJ in triode mode. OY-type output transformers encased in cast aluminium housing provide low output impedance for ideal speaker interface. This unit is equipped with one each of fixed and variable inputs, the latter enabling direct connection with any source component without a pre-amplifier. Delivering 2 x 25W into 6 ohms it operates in pure Class A adopting Luxman’s long renowned vacuum tube circuit design. Tube complement comprises 2 x ECC83, 2 x ECC82 and 4 x KT88.
- Rated output: 25W + 25W (6Ω), 20W + 20W (4Ω, 8Ω)
- Input sensitivity: 790mV / 25 W (6Ω)
- Input impedance: 100kΩ
- Total harmonic distortion rate: 0.15% (1kHz / 6Ω / 1W), 0.5% (20Hz ~ 20kHz / 6Ω / 1W)
- S / N ratio (IHF-A): 105dB
- Dimensions: W440 x H185 x D230 mm
- Weight: 15.8kg