The MK2 models have adopted the cable-exchangeable structure as well as the case holder made from aluminum aiming at user-friendliness and wearing comfort when listening to music.
Exchangeable cable structure
The exchangeable cable structure of recent trend for high-quality headphone has been employed. This enables the prospective correspondence to a high-definition cable, and the easy maintenance to sudden disconnection, thus improving the user-friendliness of earspeaker.
The same 6-strand parallel wide low-capacity cable of 6N(99.9999%) OFC and silver-plated annealed copper wire as in the SR-009S top model is attached to the SR-L700MK2. The cable realizes the assured signal transmission that does not lose the freshness of sound.
Case holder made from aluminum
The change of material has enabled the mechanism design with more high flexibility. In the MK2 models, changing the case holder design from conventional linear style into moderate curve form produces the effect that ear pads fit more naturally on both-sides-of-the-head part. Moreover, the curve form gives high rigidity and prevents from generating unnecessary distortion or twist at the time of wearing, resulting in the great improvement of fit feeling. In an open-air type earspeaker, the degree rise of adhesion at the time of wearing greatly contributes to the improvement of low-frequency reproduction.
- Type:push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
- Frequency response:7 – 41,000Hz
- Electrostatic capacitance:110pF (including attached cable)
- Impedance:145kΩ (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound pressure sensitivity:101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Maximum sound pressure level:118dB / 400Hz
- Bias voltage:580V DC
- Ear pad:real sheep’s leather (skin-touching portion), high-class artificial leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable:parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide cable
- Cable conductor:6N (99.9999%) annealed OFC with silver coating
- Weight:508g (including attached cable), 371g (without cable)